FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
April 10, 2013 – uShip today announced that uShip PRO – the company’s online, fully transactional and automated freight-matching platform for 3PLs, brokers and shippers – has come out of invitation-only, private beta with more than 700 subscribers. The company is now openly evaluating and working with potential customers and partners.
uShip made the announcement at the Transportation Intermediaries Association (TIA) 35th Annual Convention & Expo in Las Vegas, where top uShip executives, including CEO and Founder Matt Chasen, GM of Freight Charles Myers, VP of Sales Dean Xeros, and GM of uShip PRO Jason Reneau, were at the uShip booth to demo uShip PRO and discuss partnerships.
“As a fully transactional and automated online logistics platform, uShip PRO provides a critical layer of technology that helps our industry partners, including freight brokers, 3PLs, freight-forwarders or technology providers, more quickly, affordably and effectively become the next generation of themselves,” said Chasen.
“Brokers have traditionally used the phone and fax to cover loads, but those days are numbered,” said Chasen. “uShip PRO makes the load-matching process, automated, streamlined and efficient, and among other things, enables brokers to auto-tender and direct assign loads to their pre-approved carriers, decreasing labor costs and increasing margins.”
uShip PRO features include:
- Approved carrier networks. Brokers can build approved networks from their existing carrier base, as well as from thousands more on uShip, the industry’s largest carrier network.
- Automated load alerts. Within a broker’s preferred network, approved carriers are alerted to loads based on preferred lanes, schedule and specialty.
- Performance/compliance monitoring. Only pre-approved carriers can book brokered loads.
- Online negotiation and dispatch. Carriers accept fixed prices or place open bids electronically.
- Auto-tender, direct assign. Brokers, shippers can direct assign, alert their preferred network or post to uShip’s public exchange.
- TMS integration. Brokers can easily automate load posting directly from their existing TMS.
- Leading Mobile App. Reach more carriers through uShip’s widely downloaded Android and iOS apps.
- Online tracking. Track loads during the transit process and automate check calls through uShip’s mobile app.
- Secure online payment. Cumbersome payment processing is now done in a few clicks.
Categories, Technology and Pricing
While uShip has historically been thought of for specialty, non-traditional freight for hot shot and expedited carriers – as is the focus of A&E’s “Shipping Wars” which features uShip loads – the company’s commercial freight market has grown rapidly and today represents 35 percent of uShip’s shipping volume. Since 2004, over $3B of goods has been shipped by uShip’s 1.5 million shippers, more than 12,000 brokers and 350,000 carriers worldwide. Several key partnerships have facilitated this growth, including Ritchie Bros. within heavy haul, and eBay Motors and Cars.com within vehicles.
uShip’s emerging commercial platform leverages the company’s existing proprietary technology, including its load search algorithms, secure payment system, ratings/reviews infrastructure, fraud detection, mobile apps and load tracking. uShip’s eBay-like feedback system is incorporated into uShip PRO to streamline the carrier vetting process for brokers, while the uShip Mobile App automatically finds loads for carriers based on the driver’s GPS location.
uShip.com is the world’s largest and most trusted transportation marketplace primarily serving the freight, household goods and vehicle shipping markets. Business shippers, commercial brokers and consumers can compare and book upfront quotes, name their own price or receive auction style bids from thousands of customer-reviewed Transportation Service Providers, ranging from independent owner-operators to the largest freight carriers. Launched in 2004, Austin, Texas-based uShip operates globally with localized sites in 18 countries and regions on five continents, including North America, Europe, South America, India and Australia.